Hello! My name is Carol Murphy. I love exploring yoga asana, anatomy, Ayurveda and everything to do with philosophy; I also love (raw/) vegan cooking and meditation!
I started Green Lotus Yoga teacher training school in 2007. Since then I have graduated over 200 teachers from my training throughout Ireland and abroad. Most of my work is in Ireland but I have also taught yoga in London, California, India, South Africa, Morocco and Spain.
I like to teach Vinyasa style yoga as mindful, strengthening, slow, deep, breath-centered movement, creating various forms and threads to keep things alive. I am practising yoga 27 years and teaching 20. My background is in Iyengar, Ashtanga and Vinyasa,. I am currently finishing up studies in Neuro-muscular therapy, which is a form of physical therapy that works with kinetic chains and acknowledges the interconnected nature of the body, just like yoga does…
In addition to the above, I have 2 degrees in philosophy <3. I have studied Ayurveda and yoga therapy in India. I am a raw vegan educator (although not 100% vegan or raw), a qualified sports massage therapist, a trained Art of Being Tantra instructor, a qualified Trance Dance teacher and I practice and study the Reiki Tummo Method, which combines open heart meditations with reiki and kundalini healing work.
These gifts created solidity and ground from which I can rise and fly, roots and wings, creating safety, balance, expansion and joy in my life and for this I am grateful.
Josh is licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Medicine. He holds a Masters in Oriental Medicine from the New England School of Acupuncture, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Columbia University. Josh recently co-founded the metaMind Institute, a mindfulness-based strategy firm, and co-wrote The Buddha’s Playbook: Strategies for Enlightened Living, available here. He co-teaches a course at Boston University called Mindfulness and Performance.
Josh began studying Iyengar yoga in the early nineties with James Murphy. Since then he has spent several years living abroad in India, Taiwan and Burma where he has studied both yoga and meditation. As his interest in vipassana or insight meditation has developed, so too has his interest in more contemplative forms of yoga practice. With a professional background in Oriental Medicine and a personal passion for the dharma, Josh fell in love with Yin Yoga as a beautiful synthesis of these two interests.
Josh studied Yin Yoga with Paul Grilley and trained in Yin Yoga with Sarah Powers. His primary meditation teachers have been Sayadaw U Pandita, Ajahn Amaro, and Rodney Smith. Currently, Josh studies Pragmatic Dharma with Kenneth Folk.
Josh’s yoga and meditation classes emphasize safe alignment, the cultivation of moment-to-moment awareness and the potential for freedom in the here and now. For current class schedules and other resources, please check the Meditation and Yin Yoga pages.
There is no better teacher than experience itself; Menchu wonderfully integrates her personal journey of healing the body and balancing the mind, with her constant curiosity for knowing about the true make up of being human, and her passion for sharing this knowledge and helping others improve their quality of life. Her vision is to make the benefits of yoga accessible to everybody, and especially to people with a chronic condition. Amshala was founded in 2013 as a platform for Menchu’s vision.
- Well Woman Yoga Therapy / Womb Yoga Teacher Training, Yogacampus, London, 2014;
- Ayurvedic Yoga Massage Levels I and II, Himalaya Yoga Valley, Cork (Ireland), 2014;
- Yoga Therapy Diploma 800 Hours, Paramanand Yoga Institute, Indore (India), 2014;
- Ayurvedic Reflexology, Panchakarma Ayurveda Clinic, Indore (India), 2014;
- Yoga for Children, Paramanand Yoga Institute, Indore (India), 2014;
- Pregnancy Yoga, Paramanand Yoga Institute, Indore (India), 2014;
- Yoga Teacher Training 500 Hours, Paramanand Yoga Institute, Indore (India), 2013;
- Yoga Teacher Training 200 Hours, Himalaya Yoga Valley, Cork (Ireland), 2012;
- Going Deeper into Yoga 80 Hours, Yoga Moves, Utrecht (the Netherlands), 2010;
- Reiki Levels I and II, Mark Brinsden and Camilo Villa, The Hague (the Netherlands), 2009;
- Vipassana Meditation, Irish Vipassana Trust, Ennis (Ireland), 2011.
- Certificate in Vastu Science, Paramanand Yoga Institute, Indore (India), 2014;
- FETAC 5 Nutrition, The Open College, Dublin (Ireland), 2013;
- FETAC 5 Anatomy and Physiology, The Open College, Dublin (Ireland), 2012;
- NLP Master Practitioner, Global NLP, Amsterdam (the Netherlands), 2012;
- FETAC 6 Train the Trainer, Professional Development, Dublin (Ireland), 2012;
- FETAC 6 Coaching, Professional Development, Dublin (Ireland), 2012.
- Yoga Alliance UK;
- Yoga Therapy Ireland;
- Society of Neuro-linguistic Programming.