Level 1 Yin Yoga Training with Josh Summers
Suryalila Centre, Spain
Option 2 : Yin Yoga Training and Yoga Arts with Josh and Carol
July 16th- July 21th 2016
The Yin training is 30 hrs over 6 nights/5 days and Option 2 is 48 hrs over 7 nights/6 days.
Who is this for? The Yin training is suitable for Yoga teachers and trainees who want to incorporate yin yoga into their teaching AND ALSO for people who just want to deepen their understanding of Yin Yoga!
The Vinyasa classes are suitable for teachers, trainees or advanced practitioners only.
The other subjects are suitable for anyone.
YIN YOGA TRAINING – LEVEL 1
Yin Yoga trains and strengthens the Yin tissues of the body, the Yin energy of the subtle body, and the Yin capacities of Mind and Heart.
- Practice the core Yin asanas, and explore the difference between Aesthetic Alignment and Functional Alignment; how skeletal variation affects range of motion and alignment considerations; principles of tension and compression in asana
- Learn four Yin sequences that work on specific meridian lines in the body, with relevant modifications and adjustments
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia, connective tissue and joint health
- Learn the core concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine and how the energy system is influenced by the practice of Yin Yoga, emphasis on Meridian and Organ health
- Acquire experiential and theoretical knowledge of the Buddha’s core teachings on mindfulness meditation which is a great framework for integrating meditative themes into Yin classes or personal practice
- The Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching Yin Yoga or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice
- Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for Continuing Education credit (30hrs) with the Yoga Alliance
YOGA ARTS WITH CAROL
Carol’s Vinyasa style is challenging, creative, anatomically focused and fun. This week’s asana will be a combination of led classes and self practice classes with Carol adjusting. It is a time to immerse your self deeper into your body, mind and heart. These classes are only suitable for teachers, trainees and advanced Vinyasa practitioners.
Carol will also teach the other yoga arts subjects which help practitioners integrate their experiences of the weeks consciously and with support. Carol will finish off an Osho-inspired Kundalini Trance dance practice, which is a meditative process, where you take your sadhana onto the dance floor.
Price : The price of the Yin training over 6 nights/5 days (30 hrs) is 840 euros.
The price of Yin Training and Yoga Arts is 980 euros. These prices include shared accommodation and 3 really amazing meals a day in the gorgeous Suryalila centre !
Booking in advance is essential as there are limited places.
Flights :Best airports are Malaga or Seville. Seville is closer. Shared Taxi transfers can be organised from the centre at a reasonable cost as most people will be getting the same flights. There is also the option of getting buses. Details of this can be found on the Suryalila website.