13th-16th April with Dan Morgan
9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
@ The Yoga Shala, Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland
Dan fuses knowledge from his diverse movement practices and yoga training together to bring you an in depth and informative exploration of inversions – both theoretically & in physical practice. This training will focus on everything from Plank, Crow and Crane to Headstand, Forearm-stand, handstands and other core and arm balancing poses and transitions – to give you the tools and knowledge to understand, master and teach the poses.
Dan is a fun and creative teacher with a wealth of knowledge – so don’t let his youthful looks deceive. If you want to learn how to arm balance + handbalance safely, with stability and ease, and also learn how to teach the same to your students, this training is for you !
This training is open to teachers who want to deepen their understanding of Inversions and to teach their students with a greater wealth of knowledge and experience.
As this a CPD training, it is assumed that each student has at least a basic level of anatomy knowledge, asana practice, and a confidence and desire to practice arm balances & inversions – as a guideline, ideally students should have the strength and confidence to kick up to the wall in handstand.
Although this training is designed with continued development as a teacher in mind, all yoga practitioners are welcome to attend. However if you are a practitioner and not currently a teacher, we recommend that if you want to teach the work, that you do this training in conjunction with a 200 hr training.
Here are some things you can expect from the training:
- Warm Up Protocols.
- How to safely and effectively spot + adjust arm and hand balances.
- Understand and learn to teach your students how to achieve both Strength & Stability + Mobility & Flexibility with various drills and skill Progressions + Regressions, to get your students or yourself safely from A-B.
- Understanding Basic Competency – basic physical assessments to indicate a students evel of capability – what are your students ready for? Is it your job to guide them?
- Learn the Benefits and counter-indications of an inversions Practice.
- Understanding Fear – The physical effects anxiety has on our Asana (physical practice) and why.
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology of headstand, Forearm stand, Handstand and more.
- Technique classes for High Plank, Chaturanga, Crow, Crane, Headstand, Forearm stand, Handstand and many other arm and hand balances.
- Understanding and applying “float’ mechanics: how do we float? Understanding weight distribution.
- Incorporation of jump through, jump back, Crow, Handstand, Handstand press into your vinyasa.
- Sequencing for a safe and effective arm balance Classes.
- Sequencing for a Safe an effective Inversions Class.
- Learn the Five F’s teaching methodology for workshops.
- And more…
400 euro early bird – full payment to be received before 30th Nov 2017
450 regular price – payment from 1st December 2017
150 deposit is required to secure your place