Welcome to the Saucha Sadhana programme – a 10 day detox that draws on raw foods principles and Ayurvedic wisdom.
Please see the detox menu bar at the bottom of this page for all the information you will need to carry you forward on this cleansing journey. This programme can be tailored to suit your individual needs and constitution, It is flexible in nature and if you are determined to commit to it, it is easy enough to get through and the benefits are well worth the effort. In the menu bar to the right, you willl see:
- Juice recipes for your dosha
- Smoothie recipes for your dosha
- Living soup recipes for your dosha
- A kitcherie recipe
- A shopping list
Before your cleanse starts, please do the dosha quiz by Deepak Chopra to determine your dosha. You may find that you do not fit into one simple category of Vata, Pitta or Kapha, but are a combination of 2 doshas or even Tridosha, an equal combination of all 3. This is normal.
If you are a combination of two dosha types, you will need to balance your hot and cold foods during this detox using your intuition. Vata dosha is cold and dry, Pitta is hot and moist, Kapha is cold and moist. The time of year is also a factor and other factors include how much internal heat or cold you are generating though things like stress (heat), anger (heat), anxiety and fear (cold). In this way, we learn how to determine the difference between our Prakriti (our constitutional nature- determined at birth) and our Vrkriti (what dosha or element is out of balance with us at this moment) and adapt our food to create balance as much as possible.
The first 2 days of your cleanse are the Pre-Cleanse days. The last 2 days of the cleanse are the post cleanse days. On these days, please see the advised diet on the menu bar. For the 6 days in-between, you need to decide what type of detox you want. Thankfully this detox plan allows you the flexibility you may need around your schedule.
- If you need to cleanse and rejuvenate at the same time, please add kitcherie to your cleanse most days or all days. You may also wish to make sure you add the protein powder and superfoods to your smoothies.
- If you feel you need warm foods due to season and constitution, please make sure you have the kitcherie or the living soups which are technically raw, but use boiling water, so are warming.
- If you feel able you may just do juices and or smoothies for the 6 days in the middle of the cleanse, or you may choose to do 4, or 2 or 1; its up to you.
- You may also decide to do some juice days or even water days in the middle of the cleanse. If you do this, I advise that you take rest days and do not try this with normal work schedules.
Best of luck !