November 2022- Feb 2023
This 100 hr Yin and Restorative Yoga CPD Training is also trauma-informed training combining the postures and energetic systems of Restorative yoga and Yin yoga. It also includes some teaching on Yoga Nidra, subtle anatomy, pranayama and meditation.
The training will be held both in the Green Lotus Yoga studio in Gort, Galway and live on Zoom.
Upon completion of the training, you will also have access to the GLY Members Online Training Platform, where you can re-watch the live lectures whenever you like. Teachers who complete this CPD can use the 8 0 hours towards CE credits and towards building up towards Advanced 300 hr GLY accreditation.
What you will learn
- Fascia and Myofascial trains
- Yin Yoga poses, modifications etc.
- How to sequence Yin Yoga Classes
- The 5 elements and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- The 5 elements in relation to the seasons and the senses.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Meridians.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupressure points in relation to meridians.
- Five classes – one on each element ( On-demand content)
- Teaching practice of poses in relation to TCM meridians and accupuncture points with balls.
- The science relating to the relaxation response
- Restorative Yoga poses, modifications etc.
- How to sequence restorative yoga classes (restorative class scrips provided)
- Patanjali’s yoga sutras in relation to moving beyond stress, anxiety and trauma towards contentment and wellness.
- Learning Restorative yoga poses
- How and when to use props.
- Restorative classes (3 classes taught on-demand)
- Yoga Nidras ( 3 Yoga Nidras taught on-demand)
- Teaching Restorative yoga poses
Subtle anatomy, pranayama and meditation
- The science and benefits of Pranayama.
- Integrating subtle anatomy into restorative classes
- Chakras meditation (On-demand content)
- Vayus meditation ( On-demand content)
- Pranayama – abdominal breathing, tri-part breathing, nadi shodinan. (On-demand content)
- Pratyahara and Shanmukhi mudra
Theory - pre-reading and class summary
- Balancing the nervous system in relation to the trauma response.
- The biology of trauma.
- How trauma effects
- the nervous system,
- endocrine system,
- digestive system,
- muscular system and
- immune system.
- Holding a trauma sensitive space.
Interoception practices and Yoga Nidra
- What is interception and why is it important?
- Yoga Nidra – scripted processes
- 2 Yoga Nidras – on demand content
- Teaching Yoga Nidra
Valerie has completed her 200hr in Vinyasa Yoga in Australia in 2014 and her 300 hr multistyle including Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin, TCM and Acupressure in India in 2019. She also has an additional 50 hours of Yin Yoga, 50 hours in Restorative & Energetics and 50 hrs in Soma roll. Since she completed her first training, she has been leading classes, workshops, and retreats in Ireland regularly. She recently graduated with a BSc in Herbal Science which adds to her diverse style of teaching. While she loves teaching creative vinyasa flow classes, her real love lies in teaching Yin yoga. Having immersed herself into the practice in 2015 she knew she had to do the training to be able to introduce people to this incredible practice. Her teaching style is a blend of science, spirituality and mindfulness mixed with practices of gratitude and self-love. After 7 years of continuous learning teaching students she is ready to share this practice with other teachers.
Carol Murphy started practising Iyengar yoga in 1989 in San Francisco. She has been teaching yoga for 26 years and she started Green Lotus Yoga teacher training school in 2007. Since then she has graduated over 1000 teachers throughout Ireland and abroad from her programme. She has also traveled with her work, teaching in London, California, India, South Africa, Morocco and Spain and teaches students from all over the world on her intensive trainings. Her background is in Iyengar, Ashtanga, Vinyasa and Yin yoga. Carol is also a qualified Tantra teacher and Kundalini Trance dance teacher. She has also studied short courses in Ayurveda and Yoga therapy in India. Additionally Carol is a qualified Neuro-muscular physical therapist, which is a form of physical therapy that works with fascial trains. Carol also has a Masters degree in Philosophy, which has given her a platform to explore the depths of yoga philosophy and communicate these teachings effectively to students.
The Yin and Restorative Yoga CPD Training is suitable for qualified yoga teachers, who wish to teach Yin and Restorative yoga and integrate the others aspects of the curriculum into their teachings. It is also suitable for experienced students who want to build up their teacher training hours but are not ready to complete their 200 hr foundation training.
Teachers who complete this CPD can use the 100 hours towards CE credits and towards building up towards Advanced 300 hr GLY accreditation.
Full fees – €1050 euros
Early Bird price before October 26th – €950
Deposit – €200
This training can contribute to either the 200 hr Gentle Yoga Training or 300 hr Yoga Therapy Training
Countdown to early bird
November 26th-27th – (Restorative)
Dec 10th-11th – (Restorative)
Jan 14th-15th – (Yin)
Feb 11th-12th – (Yin)
- 1 x yoga mat
- 2 bricks (Please note bricks are brick shaped; whereas blocks are flatter and rectangular, more like an A4 sheet)
- 1 bolster
- 1 x yoga strap
- 1 or 2 blankets
- Manual PDF – Supplied
- Restorative Yoga with Assists – A Manual for Teachers and students of yoga – written by Sue Flamm
- If you are new to the sutras, we recommend Teaching Yoga beyond the poses as a good introduction. This book is easy to read and offers ideas of how to integrate spiritual themes into the classroom.
- Online Theory quizzes to be completed within 6 months of the training
- 1 x video of you teaching a yoga nidra
- 1 x video of you teaching a pranayama
- 1 x 10-15 min Restorative Video
- 1 x 10-15 min Yin video
We will also provide you with the tools to take videos on your phone and how to upload.
For those choosing the the studio option, the Training will be held in the Green Lotus Yoga studio in Gort, Galway. The studio holds 28 people usually, however numbers will be capped to a small number (approx. 12) to allow for social distancing. It is fully propped with mats, bolsters, blankets, bricks and belts. It has an equipped kitchen for students who want to bring their own lunch or cook in the kitchen. It has changing rooms for students to store their clothes etc. All props are aired for 48 hrs use to ensure there is no spead of the COVID virus.
Gort is a small town on the edge of the Burren. There are great restaurants close by to eat in and there are lots of airbnb and bnb options ranging from €25-€100 per night for students staying overnight.
For students availing of the studio option, we recommend:
- Woodley BNB – Georges Street, Gort. Cheap and cheerful and a stones throw from the studio.
- The Lady Gregory Hotel – About 10 mins walk form the studio. Comfortable and clean with spa.
- Any air bnbs in the close vaccinity. Kinvara is a lovely place to stay and is about 20 mins drive form Gort with more air BNB options usually.
At the moment, there is presently enough spaces for you to sign up to the Yin and Restorative CPD Training via the booking form above. However, it would also be great to get to know you a little before we meet you. The application form above just takes two mins to fill out.