Yoga Fusion Teacher Training
Deepen your healing practice and learn how to share ancient teachings in a modern world
September 2022 - August 2023
This journey offers you the opportunity to dive deeper into the traditional practices of Yin, Restorative, Hatha and Vinyasa yoga and prepares you to share these teachings to others. It will help you nourish your mind and spirit and connect with your body as your living temple. The practices are grounded in present moment awareness and breath regulation. Alignment is guided not just by anatomy and bio-mechanical alignment cues, but also by the meditative felt sense of body, breath and spirit. It is a deeply intimate experience between yoga and self.
November – Dec 2022
- The science relating to the relaxation response
- Restorative Yoga poses, modifications etc.
- How to sequence Restorative Yoga classes
- Integrating Hatha & Tantra energetics into Restorative classes
- Holding space
- Restorative practices to soothe, balance and re-set the nervous system.
- Teaching restorative poses
- How and when to use props
- Integrating energetics into teaching postures
- Cueing and Scripting classes
- Assessment preparation
Subtle Anatomy, Pranayama and Meditation
- The science and benefits of Pranayama.
- Integrating subtle anatomy into restorative classes
- Subtle Anatomy Meditations
- Witness based meditations
- Pranayama – a wide varierty of breath practices to help recover the nervous system from stress, depression and trauma
- Pratyahara and Shanmukhi mudra
Theory - pre-reading and class summary
- Balancing the nervous system in relation to the trauma response.
- The biology of trauma.
- How trauma effects
- the nervous system,
- endocrine system,
- digestive system,
- muscular system and
- immune system.
- Holding a trauma sensitive space.
Jan – Feb 2023
- Fascia and Myofascial Trains
- Yin Yoga poses, modifications etc.
- How to sequence Yin Yoga Classes
- The 5 elements in relation to Traditional Chinese Medicine, seasons and senses
- TCM Acupressure points
- Yin Yoga classes to deepen your practice integrating spiritual themes, TCM meridians, elements and seasons.
- Teaching practice of poses
- Modification of poses
- Integrating the energetics of TCM meridians
- Accupuncture points with balls.
Vinyasa and Hatha
March 2023 – August
The Hatha and Vinyasa on the Yoga Fusion Teacher Training offer trainees an opportunity to strengthen. In order to receive the full healing benefits of yoga, students need to find balance between strengthening the body through Hatha and Vinyasa and relaxing the body and mind through Yin and Restorative yoga.
You will learn sequencing that not only stabilise the joints, strengthen the body and develop mobility, but also help you to balance your energetics and regulate your nervous system in relation to stress and tension.
You will also learn how to share these teaching with others and develop your teaching voice.
The Hatha Vinyasa portion of the training starts in March 2023.
Ongoing throughout Training
The philosophy on our trainings is delivered in a non-dogmatic way, inviting group discussions where all beliefs and opinions are respected. We use class discussions, circles, artwork, chanting, empathetic listening and meditation processes to explore the spiritual systems of Patanjali’s sutras, Vedanta, Advaita Vedanta, Samkhya and Tantra.
We believe that these spiritual systems all offer a different perspective of the same truth and we hope that in our explorations, students can find in these belief systems, tools to strengthen the mind, emotions and spirit, a spiritual rock to lean on in times of need, deeper insight to our true nature and a deeper sense of worth that lies inherent in our being.
Carol Murphy is the primary philosophy teacher on this training and has studied philosophy at University (B.A, M.Phil) in addition to exploring Indian spirituality. She believes it is a true blessing to be able to explore this work within a group and many students have said that this part of the training has been life-changing for them.
Functional Yoga Anatomy and Alignment
Ongoing Throughout Training
The anatomy on the training offer students a way to deepen their relationship with their own bodies and to feel confident working with other people’s bodies. Understanding anatomy will help all aspects of your yoga practice and teaching and will inspire students to trust you in relation to physical health.
The anatomy on this training is a combination of biomechanics and biotensegrity. Biomechanics gives us information about individual muscle functions and how musles support joint stability etc. Biotensegrtiy is fascial-based anatomy and supports the practices of Yin yoga, Restorative yoga, trauma-sensitive yoga and interoception exercises, such as yoga nidra.
In addition to the weekend anatomy and alignment from March-August, there will also be 4 hours of introductory anatomy on-demand that students can take at their own leisure at home any time before March,
This Foundation 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training is accredited with Yoga Alliance.
- November 26th-27th – Restorative
- December 10th-11th – Restorative
- January 14th – 15th – Yin
- Feb 11th – 12th – Yin
- March 11th – Bridge day into Hatha Vinyasa TTC
- March 18th-19th – Hatha/ vinyasa
- April 22nd-23rd – Hatha/ vinyasa
- May 20th-21st – Hatha/ vinyasa
- June 17th-18th – Hatha/ vinyasa
- July 22nd-23th – Hatha/ vinyasa
- August 19th-20th – Hatha/ vinyasa
- September 9th – Assessment day
The weekend of the training can be taken on Zoom or in Yogamoves studio in Gort, Galway. The studio holds 28 people. It is fully propped with mats, bolsters, blankets, bricks and belts. It has a kitchen with fridge, kettle etc and separate toilet. It also has changing rooms for students to store their clothes etc.
Gort is a small town on the edge of the Burren. There are great restaurants close by to eat in and there are lots of airbnb and bnb options ranging from €25-€100 per night for students staying overnight. We can also help you team up with other students to share air BNB if you wish.
This trajectory of your journey is:Nov-Dec 2022 – 2 months of Restorative yoga and energetics
- Jan- Feb 2023 – 2 months of Yin Yoga and TCM energetics
- Nov – Feb 2023 – On-demand videos to be taken at home.
- 4 hours of on-demand video classes will be taken at home at your leisure between November 2022- Feb 2023, including : 8 hours of video classes on Hatha Vinyasa Foundations plus 4 hours of anatomy Fundamentals.
- March 11th – Bridge Day. A day to transition to the Hatha vinyasa training.
- March – August 2023 – 5 months of Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga including monthly, live anatomy and alignment classes
Anatomy – Each section of the anatomy training has a homework assignment.
Yin Yoga – You will be asked to teach a 15-minute yin class.
Restorative Yoga – You will be asked to teach a 15-minute restorative class.
Hatha -Vinyasa – You will be asked to create a 75 minute class and teach 30 minuets of it.
Philosophy – This section will not be assessed. You will be asked to reflect on themes and encouraged to journal your thoughts for the year.